Data Protection Statement
1. Aberdeen FC Supporter Club Orkney Branch (Orkney Dons) store and process the personal data and photographic images of the membership, for the purposes of executing our duties as a club.
2. Orkney Dons shall only seek to gather the minimum level of personal data required from the membership in order to execute our duties as a club. This information shall be stored securely and shall only be processed in accordance our Data Protection Policy. A copy of our Data Protection policy is available on request.
3. Personal Data will be retained by Orkney Dons if absolutely necessary and shall be securely deleted at the first opportunity. Personal Data will not be shared with third parties other than for purposes set out on our Data Protection Policy, including:
a)To provide Aberdeen FC with supporter club membership lists
b)To secure match tickets on behalf of the membership
c)To secure a member’s entry to venues or event organised by Orkney Dons on behalf of the membership
d)Promoting club activities via social media
4. By purchasing an annual membership subscription to Orkney Dons a member provides consent for Orkney Dons to gather, store and process their personal data for the purpose of executing club duties and promoting club activities.
5. An individual can request that Orkney Dons delete their personal data from our records by putting the request in writing to the club secretary. This can be done via the contact us section of the Orkney Dons website.
Data Protection Policy: Aberdeen Supporters Club – Orkney Branch (Orkney Dons)
a) Personal data is information about a person which is identifiable as being about them. It can be stored electronically or on paper, and includes images and audio recordings as well as written information.
b) Data protection is about how we, as an organisation, ensure we protect the rights and privacy of individuals, and comply with the law, when collecting, storing, using, amending, sharing, destroying or deleting personal data.
a) Overall and final responsibility for data protection lies with the management committee, who are responsible for overseeing activities and ensuring this policy is upheld.
b) All volunteers are responsible for observing this policy, and related procedures, in all areas of their work for the group.
3. Overall policy statement
a) Orkney Dons needs to keep personal data about its committee, members, volunteers and supporters in order to carry out group activities.
b) We will collect, store, use, amend, share, destroy or delete personal data only in ways which protect people’s privacy and comply with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant legislation.
c) We will only collect, store and use the minimum amount of data that we need for clear purposes, and will not collect, store or use data we do not need.
d) We will only collect, store and use data for:
• purposes for which the individual has given explicit consent, or
• purposes that are in our group’s legitimate interests, or
• contracts with the individual whose data it is, or
• to comply with legal obligations
e) We will provide individuals with details of the data we have about them when requested by the relevant individual.
f) We will delete data if requested by the relevant individual, unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
g) We will endeavour to keep personal data up-to-date and accurate.
h) We will store personal data securely.
i) We will keep clear records of the purposes of collecting and holding specific data, to ensure it is only used for these purposes.
j) We will not share personal data with third parties without the explicit consent of the relevant individual, unless legally required to do so.
k) We will endeavour not to have data breaches. In the event of a data breach, we will endeavour to rectify the breach by getting any lost or shared data back. We will evaluate our processes and understand how to avoid it happening again. Data breaches freedoms will be reported to the individual concerned.
l) To uphold this policy, we will maintain a set of data protection procedures for our committee and volunteers to follow.
4. Data Sharing
a) Orkney Dons will only share a member’s personal data for one of the follow purposes:
• With Aberdeen FC as part of the annual membership return required by Aberdeen FC
• In order to secure Match tickets on behalf of the individual member concerned
• Securing entry to a venue or event organised by the club on behalf of the membership
5. Data retention
a) Orkney Dons will only retain a member’s personal data for as long as there is a business need
b) Orkney Dons may retain a member’s personal data for a period of up to 7 years for business auditing and reporting
c) All personal information no longer required by Orkney Dons shall be deleted securely at the earliest opportunity
6. Consent to store and use personal data
a) By becoming a member of Orkney Dons, an individual provides Orkney Dons with consent to store and use personal data, including photographic images, in accordance with this policy
7. Photographic images
a) Orkney Dons will periodically from time to time take photographs and an individual participating in activities organised by Orkney Dons on behalf of the membership
b) Photographs of events and activities organised by Orkney Dons on behalf of the membership may be used to promote the club and it’s activities via social media platforms, the Orkney Dons website or printed marketing material
8. Social Media
a) Orkney Dons will promote the club and it’s activities via social media. By engaging with these social media pages and posts the individual provides Orkney Dons with permission to use the personal data, including photographic images, for the purposes promoting the club and it’s activities via social media
9. Requests to delete personal data
a) An individual can request the deletion of their personal data from Orkney Dons records, including photographic images or social media content, by putting the request in writing to the club secretary,
b) Where Orkney Dons are not legally required to retain an individual’s personal data, Orkney Dons shall delete an individual’s personal data within 28 days of receiving the written request
This policy will be reviewed every two years
Data protection procedures: Aberdeen Supporters Club – Orkney Branch (Orkney Dons)
a) Orkney Dons has a data protection policy which is reviewed regularly. In order to help us uphold the policy, we have created the following procedures which outline ways in which we collect, store, use, amend, share, destroy and delete personal data.
b) These procedures cover the main, regular ways we collect and use personal data. We may from time to time collect and use data in ways not covered here. In these instances we will ensure our Data Protection Policy is upheld.
2. General procedures
a) Data will be stored securely. When it is stored electronically, it will be kept in password protected files. When it is stored online in a third party website (e.g. Google Drive) we will ensure the third party comply with the UK GDPR. When it is stored on paper it will be filed securely.
b) When we no longer need data, or when someone has asked for their data to be deleted, it will be deleted securely. We will ensure that data is permanently deleted from computers, and that paper data is shredded.
c) We will keep records of consent given for us to collect, use and store data. These records will be stored securely.
3. Mailing list
a) We will maintain a mailing list. This will include the names and contact details of people who wish to receive membership correspondence such as newsletters, information on club activities and advertisements for club activities.
b) When people become members of the Orkney Dons, our data consent statement will provide information on how their details will be used, how they will be stored, and that they may ask to be removed from the list at any time.
c) When sending an email to multiple recipients within the membership, Orkney Dons will endeavour to use the Blind Copy (BCC) function of an email to ensure that client email addressed are not visible or shared externally
d) We will provide information about how to be removed from the list with every mailing
4. Contacting committee members
a) The committee need to be in contact with one another in order to run the organisation effectively and ensure its legal obligations are met.
b) Committee contact details will be shared among the committee.
c) Committee members will not share each other’s contact details with anyone outside of the committee, or use them for anything other than Orkney Dons business, without explicit consent.